Black Friday is just around the corner! This is your opportunity to maximize your direct sales; don’t let the OTAs be the only ones to take advantage of it! Here are our recommendations for success. Are you ready?
Anticipate and persist:
- Launch promotions before Black Friday and keep them running for a few days after to entice late decision makers, covering Cyber Monday (Monday 27) and Travel Tuesday (Tuesday 28).
- Offer real and meaningful discounts, combining existing promotions to create a more attractive value proposition.
- Look at OTA strategies and match or improve discounts in your direct channel to ensure competitiveness.
Rates and conditions:
- Offer non-refundable and prepaid rates at a great price.
- Protect, but do not restrict, popular dates.
- Carefully manage availability to maximize direct sales on your website and close lower value and net price channels.
- Reserve the best conditions for direct customers.
- Enhance your loyalty club with exclusive offers to encourage customer retention and leverage the high demand to attract new members.
- Use the CRM to invite customers who have previously booked through other channels to book directly on your website.
Visibility and communication:
- Use social media and Google Ads campaigns to promote your offers and promotions in a way that is direct and personal to your customers.
- Give exclusivity to the direct channel whenever possible and promote it as the best booking channel on metasearch engines.
There is nothing beyond your reach.. Let’s get going!