When starting in Facebook, the main question for hotels is deciding what type of online presence they should choose for their business:
A “page”, a “profile” or a “group”? The answer is clear,
A PAGE has many advantages:
- A page and its content will be visible for all, without having to become a Facebook friend.
- Google will index it
- Personalization: You can have as many different views as you want, like in this example that shows fan-only content.
- You can add an “I like” button on your site, so anybody can become a fan of your Facebook page http://www.jchoteles.com/
- You can advertise your page using Facebook ads.
- Facebook pages do not have a maximum number of friends. Profiles are limited to 5,000.
- You can send messages to all your fans independently of the number. A profile only allows you to send 40 emails each time.
- People can become fans without having to wait to be approved as friends (immediate access to all the content of the page).
- You can optimise the ads using the location and the language of your visitors.
Statistics; there are a lot of data available: Active users on your page, etc.